Well, I made it through.
You’re probably wondering to what I am referring…
Let’s Back Up.
My Mom was hosting a Baby Shower for me in my hometown.
When we came back from Florida, I was all set to head back up North with my parents and Gracie. But then I started to think about how much I would miss being with my Stan and Annie for 14 days and all the things I needed to do around the house in preparation for Baby.
Then my Husband made this rather alarming request…
“Please don’t have the baby without me.”
Although he was being cute, that’s when the likelihood of indeed going into preterm labor seriously hit me. So, we decided it would be best to shorten the trip to a long weekend. Everything was going fine but then I started to experience a few “symptoms” which were extremely similar to prelabor…o_O Thus, I spent much of last week trying to fend off going into labor.
Spoiler: I’m still pregnant 😛
19th March 2017
The Baby Shower
It was a bit stressful, I will admit that. Due to the storm I did not receive some of the supplies we needed until the day we left, which left us with Saturday Night and Sunday Morning to finish some of the favors.
My Mom and Aunt met Stan, Annie and I half way. Which actually was a lot of fun, we stayed at a Marriott Residency and ordered Steak Pizza!
(Neither of us have ever tried it before and it was absolutely delicious :-P)
My Mom and I made Lavender Potpourri Bags and Bookmarks as favors.
Finishing without a minute to spare.
But after the stress of getting everything ready the day was absolutely perfect.
My Mom hosted the shower at one of our favorite places,
the Tea House.
I really wanted an earthy feel.
My Mom chose Beatrix Potter’s Peter Rabbit for the invitations.
I wore a lacy off white dress with flower jewelry.
My Cousin Ginny, surprised me by creating a Flower Crown for my head.
Which matched things perfectly.
Once again, I felt completely blessed to be surrounded by so many people who cared so deeply for me. Friends drove from far and wide just to spend the afternoon with me and my Bump.
It really just makes me so grateful
remindful to take the time to count my blessings.
Back at the Tea House
We drank tea of course and played games.
One game I chose was a Disney Song game where you need to pick the Disney Movie that goes with the Disney song.
Guess the correct Disney movie to the Disney song title.
- ‘A Whole New World’ ______________________________________
- ‘Ever Ever After’ ______________________________________
- ‘Hakuna Matata’ ______________________________________
- ‘When You Wish Upon a Star’ _____________________________________
- ‘Under the Sea’ ______________________________________
- ‘Once Upon a Dream’ ______________________________________
- ‘Be Our Guest’ ______________________________________
- ‘When Will My Life Begin’ ______________________________________
- ‘Lets Get Together’ ______________________________________
- ‘Colors of the Wind’ ______________________________________
- ‘You’ll Be in My Heart’ ______________________________________
- ‘Reflection’ ______________________________________
- ‘A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes’ _______________________________
- ‘Someday My Prince Will Come’ ____________________________________
- ‘A Spoonful of Sugar’ ______________________________________
- ‘The Bare Necessities’ ______________________________________
- ‘I Can Go the Distance’ ______________________________________
- ‘You Can Fly! You Can Fly! You Can Fly!’ _______________________________
- ‘God Help the Outcasts’ _______________________________________
- ‘Why Should I Worry?’ _______________________________________
- ‘Touch the Sky’ _______________________________________
- ‘Best of Friends’ _______________________________________
- ‘He Mele No Lilo’ _______________________________________
- ‘If I Didn’t Have You’ _______________________________________
- ‘Mother Knows Best’ _______________________________________
- ‘Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah’ _______________________________________
- ‘Friends On The Other Side’ _______________________________________
- ‘Baby Mine’ _______________________________________
- ‘Just Around the Riverbend’ _______________________________________
- ‘Eye To Eye’ _______________________________________
Feel free to guess, I’ll leave the answers below in the comments after I post.
The Pièce De Résistance was the absolutely stunning cake.
I have always wanted a cake made of fondant and I’ve never tasted it before.
And so forth, what better opportunity to try something new than my Baby Shower.
Since I love books (and to match our Wedding theme)
We chose three of my favorite books from Childhood
Bambi (Favorite Movie as a toddler)
The Jolly Postman
and my favorite Beatrix Potter character as the topper,
My Mom, Dad and I discussed in-depth about its creation and decided on
White Cake with Oreo filling!
In the end, there’s not much more I can say about the day than it was everything I ever hoped for in a Baby Shower. Aside from my Grandma being in Florida and a few of my closest friends being scattered around the country, it was absolutely perfect.
I got back to my Home with Annie and my Husband on Tuesday and that was that.
After all that, all that worry was over in one short weekend.
To recap on the Weekend
Overall, it was bittersweet to be back home where I grew up. Knowing that this would be the last time I would be there alone. That the next time I’ll be back, I can no longer pretend to be the baby, since I no longer will be the baby 😛
But more on that for another Post.
Hope you have wonderful plans for the Weekend.
Thank you for Reading.