I know I’ve been pretty heavy lately so today I’m going to lighten the mood a bit:
Yesterday I was pretty obsessed with Pies.
With it being a Pie day and all.
Not Pi as in 3.14 (March 14th) but just a regular random pie.
I haven’t baked a pie since 2016 but I also didn’t have any of the filling ingredients on hand so what was I to do?
But, I couldn’t get Pie Day out of my head.
I had gotten the bug.
Then I started to think about Star Wars Episode VIII and the reveal of its title:
THE LAST JEDI
and it hit me….Strawberry Pie.
So, I hoped in the car for an impromptu midnight snack…could you say a pregnancy craving, perhaps?
Since it was a last-minute decision I used an extremely simple pie recipe.
All you need for the filling is:
heavy whipping cream (optional)
- Then I sliced less than half of the strawberries and set aside the rest. I placed half of the halved strawberries into the bottom of the baked pie crust.
- Then mash the rest of the strawberries, add the sugar and put everything in a sauce pan.
- Bring to a Boil (Stir).
- In another bowl combine the cornstarch and water and whisk.
- Slowly add mixture to the boiling sauce pan.
- Reduce heat and simmer mixture until thickened, about 10 minutes (Keep stirring).
- Pour mixture into the baked pie crust and add the remaining half berries to the top.
- This is when I added my top pie crust and I baked for about 9 minutes at425° (because I love Double Crusts 🙂 )
- Chill before serving (Since this was a late night venture I didn’t get to chill for hours).
*In a small bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form. Serve each slice of pie with a dollop of whipped cream.
It was good last night when we had a slice.
Lets see how it tastes after chilling over night!
(update: it too was good)
Now let’s get down to the important stuff.
Which of course is:
Like most fans I’ve been waiting for this announcement since walking out of the theater the early hours of December 18th.
And the suspense has been…well, on the one hand I just want to see the trailer.
I cannot wait.
But on the other hand, I’m a patient person and a firm believer in:
good things come to those who wait.
Yesterday morning, my husband simply texted : The Last Jedi.
I didn’t know what that meant until I got on the computer for the day.
So deliciously cryptic. What could that possibly mean?
The easy question would be:
Is Luke going to be killed leaving Rey as the last Jedi?
Back in A New Hope there were two living Jedi, though could you count Luke yet?
And what about Darth Vader, a fallen Jedi?
Mark Hamill reminded everyone yesterday that the singular and plural form of Jedi is indeed Jedi.
So are Luke and Rey the last Jedi?
And is Kylo Ren still considered a Jedi?
So, the bigger question on my mind is when will a trailer or teaser appear?
So, now I will patiently wait for the trailer that seems like it will never come.
But at least we’re one step closer.
Thank you for Reading!
For some the Disney Fans, here are two links to brighten your day!