Happy 1st Birthday,
Annie and Gracie!!
Stan and I took Annie for a nice long walk and bought her her very own Frisbee.
We held a special bicoastal birthday party for the little cherubs. Gracie wore special birthday candle goggles and Annie wore her Wonder Woman costume from Halloween. (Stan and I also dressed for the occasion 😛 ) Both girls were given hats, and homemade doggie cakes ❤ My mom shaped Gracie‘s in the shape of a heart and I shaped Annie‘s in the shape of an A.
Thank you for Reading.
Don’t forget to check out Instagram for a special Birthday Photo.
Here’s the recipe for the Cakes we baked.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (I added a bit more to balance the carrots)
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup honey (optional) (I optioned out of this ingredient, my parents did not).
- 1 cup shredded carrots (I added 2 cups of carrots)
- 1 cup whole wheat or white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Prep – 20 minutes
Cook – 40 minutes
Ready In – 1 hour 15 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 6 cup ring mold.
- Combine the egg, peanut butter, oil, vanilla, and honey, if desired, in a large bowl; blend well. Stir in the carrots and mix thoroughly. Sift together the flour and baking soda and fold into the carrot mixture. Spoon cake batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes. Let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes; then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
❤ I hope your pups enjoy!