Pizza Friday Special – Broccoli Pizza
As you know, we finally got to see Inside Out last weekend and of course, I recommend it. If you enjoy Disney/Pixar movies or just a great story, then Inside Out is for you. But be warned: If you’re going through an emotional time or if it’s your time of the month, it’s going to be an emotional roller coaster. After we got home, I researched the movie a bit more and apparently Pixar’s newest masterpiece has inspired a plethora of cooking options.
There’s one recipe, however, that is straight from the film and I’ve been thinking about ever since.
Take a look:
And to make it easier, I found this recipe on Catching up with Kate:
Here are the ingredients I found in the commissary:
Store-bought pizza dough (Again being lazy)
½ Can of Diced Tomatoes
1 Bag of Broccoli Florets
½ Garlic Clove, smashed and minced
½ Garlic Clove, thinly sliced
2 oz (4 tbsp) of Marinara Sauce
Flour (not pictured and they didn’t have Semolina)
¼ Lemon for Zest and Juice
Grated Mozzarella Cheese
Chili Powder (not pictured)
Sea Salt (for taste)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (to taste)
*Note it doesn’t look like the picture
- Drain a ½ can of diced tomatoes, rinse it and mash it up with a knife.
- Season with sea salt and olive oil to taste.
- Add ½ garlic clove, smashed and minced.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a large sauté pan.
- Add garlic slices and cook until fragrant (about 20 seconds.)
- Add broccoli, a little chili powder, and enough olive oil to coat.
- Turn heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally until broccoli is cooked, but still has texture.
- Fold in lemon zest and season to taste with lemon juice and salt.
- Heat oven to 425˚F
- Arrange store-bought pizza dough on the pizza plate with generous dusting of flour.
- Spread about 4 tablespoons of marinara over dough.
- Sprinkle grated mozzarella cheese over the top to taste, then finish with broccoli combination.
- Add tomato combination to the top with fork.
- Place in the oven on pizza plate.
- Bake until the dough is cooked to your liking and the cheese is melted (I followed the directions on the store-bought pizza dough and added a few minutes to that.)
- Grate Parmesan reggiano cheese over the pizza.
Thank you for reading